Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

I know I'm late but oh well. I had so many pictures to choose from to show Neil, the father of our little family, in action. I decided this was a good one because it always makes me laugh and it shows one of the many silly things he does to play with his daughters and also make me laugh. I couldn't have asked for a better father of my children. I love you Meil!


So I had been teasing Neil about getting him Scrabble for Father's Day. He made it very clear that a board game for any kind of gift is lame in his book. Needless to say, I couldn't resist. I'd been planning to get him an ipod touch but this made for the perfect delivery.

I was so excited, I had a hard time waiting until Father's Day to have him open it. I felt so clever. Let me just explain that Neil has this ridiculously accurate ability to guess what his gifts are(makes for an interesting Christmas). So if I can get him something and have him be surprised I count that as a HUGE accomplishment.

And to be honest, I have flat out lie about some things when it come to giving him things so Neil never completely believes what I tell him about his gifts. But I did tell him I was getting him Scrabble for Father's Day.

The Surprise! In the card its says "Adia and Evelyn insisted that this was what you really wanted for Father Day."

Now to my Dad. He is such a strength and example in my life. I've learned so much from him, I know I wouldn't be the person I am today without him and his guidance throughout my life. I love you Daddy!

And to the father-in-law I always wanted. I can't explain the bond that we seem to have. We don't see much of each other but we do have a special relationship. Thank you for being such a wonderful father to the father of my children. Love you Van!

No comments: