Friday, April 24, 2009

Yesterday's Project

So for a while now I've been curious about this fondant frosting. Its supposed to be super smooth and shiny. It looks almost like play-do. The cakes I say were always so fun and artistic. So I finally got the courage to give it a go. Needless to say that its not very smooth and not very shiny but I had to try. It took me forever to get the fondant rolled out to the right thickness so it wouldn't tear, and 2 or 3 tries to finally get it on the cake.

I didn't really have a reason to make this cake so we're just saying that it for another semester down for Neil. I also had no idea how I was going to decorate it. So I just colored the left over fondant and used a star shaped cookie cutter. It was the only one I had that wasn't a snowman or a Christmas tree. Like I said earlier its not very smooth and not very shiny, but I'm hoping that now that I know the process the next one will look a little better.

6 comments:

Windy Dawn said...

Wow! I think it looks great Angelica! Especially fabulous for a first attempt. And it makes me a little hungry too. ;)

ShEiLa said...

Great job!

It just takes a leap of faith when you try to do something that you have never done before.

Especially when twin girls are in the mix... babies take lots of time and attention.

I hope it tasted as yummy as it looks.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Neil Oler said...

It should be noted that dad was very good about taking care of said twin terror.

Shelly said...

I think that it looks awesome :)I love the bright colors!

Chavonne said...

Good Job! Keep practicing. You'll have it down before you know it...that is, if Neil is willing to take care of the "terrors" ;)

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Your little girls are getting so big. They are adorable. And, by the way, that cake looks awesome! Things are good her at primary childrens, but I am more than ready to go home. Just a little sick of being in the hospital.