Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Little Jail Birds

So I'd thought I'd post a picture of their new sleeping arrangements. Yes, I know it looks like a jail, or a cage. But it also means that the girls can regulate their own body heat. One of the things they need to be able to do before they can come home, so we were super excited for them to be moved into this bed. Their nurse Cheryl, tried to find one that wasn't so big but couldn't, and until I uploaded this picture I didn't even realize how huge it actually was. 
It's encouraging to see them take the steps and fill the requirements they need to , to be able to come home. I'm now breast feeding them 4 times a day, and they are starting to recognize hunger more and that they want to wake up to eat. They get baths every odd day and thats when they weigh them too. If I want to I can bring in little outfits I want them to wear, which is a relief because I was starting to worry if they would even fit into some of their outfits by the time they came home. Evelyn now weighs 4lbs 6oz, and Adia is 4lbs 12oz. Its amazing to watch them grow and learn a little everyday. 

1 comment:

Will & Janna said...

Oh 'Gelic i'm so happy that they are doing so well!! I have to say they are pretty dang cute...they must take after their aunt Janna :) hehehe No, they really are little angels! I'm so happy for you and Neil!