Today has just been a wonderful day! Every morning the physician at the NICU calls me if there are any new updates with the girls. So this morning I got a phone call, it usually comes right about the time I'm getting ready to leave to go over there, anyway, he tells me that both of their bilirubin points were low enough that they didn't need the bili-lights anymore, so now they can have blankets, and wear clothes. He said that Adia's breathing was a lot less labored so she gets to be off oxygen for now. He also told me that they tolerating food very well, and that I could start doing "practice feedings". Which means I pump first and then take some time with each of the girls to have them practice breast feeding, so they can practice the suck, swallow, breath technique. So it just started out as a wonderful day! Then when I got to the hospital, it was about time to feed them, so I got right in to doing my first practice round. Much to my excitement, and the nurse's surprise, they took to it like it was nothing new! Neil and I are both so super excited. It's just amazing to see these 2 little girls grow and learn and progress right in front of our eyes.
Lucas football Pictures
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
They are so precious! I am so happy for you! :)
Gelic! That is so awesome to hear! They are so cute and soooo lucky to have such wonderful parents. You guys are naturals at it. I bet they aren't there much longer. I knew that was Adia in that picture with you and both of them just because of the binky, hehe.
Post a Comment